Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Some Blogservations...

Okay, so Noah Webster I’m not. But I couldn’t think of a more appropriate term to describe what I’ve noticed regarding a couple of my recent posts:
In the past week or so, I’ve published two fairly controversial posts; one on a new book touting nationalized health care coverage, and the other on the issue of medical necessity as it relates to In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
Both of these tend to be “hot button” issues nowadays, and what became readily apparent is how much thought and care went into most arguments on both sides of these issues. I’ve noticed that on some blogs, the comments section in posts like these tend to be quite vitriolic, but InsureBlog readers have offered cogent and articulate arguments without being argumentative.
Another relatively new (at least to me) phenomenon is the cross-blog (or multi-blog) debate that arose as a result of the IVF post. No less than four blogs are involved in discussing the issue, from several points of view and with respect for others’ viewpoints. I’m not sure why I’m so surprised; perhaps it’s from reading posts and comments at some of the poliblogs, which tend to run to rather heated exchanges, with little actual knowledge either offered or accepted.
In any case, I’m really enjoying the back and forth here, and look forward to reading more of the same. Thanks!!
blog comments powered by Disqus