Sunday, September 17, 2006

An Apology, and a Thank You...

IB readers may have noticed a dearth of substantive posts by yours truly this past week.

I have been dealing with issues relating to aging parents (to which I allude in this week's Dispatch), and have had scant time to do any "real" blogging. A side-effect has been that I have been experiencing painful "net-withdrawal."

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my co-blogger, Bob Vineyard, for his yeoman efforts, and his concern on my behalf. We tend to get so wrapped up in the issues of the day (or week) that we forget that the web, and especially the blogosphere, is about people. Those of us who have been in the insurance biz for any length of time recognize that this is a business built on relationships, far more than on product or prices. And so it is with blogging; it is hard to express the relief I found when, on the rare occasions recently that I have been able to log on, I have found interesting, provocative, and helpful posts already up.

Thanks, somarco!

And thank you, InsureBlog readers.

/maudlin off
blog comments powered by Disqus