Wednesday, December 27, 2017

In Memoriam: My Red-Headed Spitfire

I have been fortunate in my career to have some (very) longstanding clients. One of my very favorites, Pat B, passed way Christmas day at age 90. She'd been suffering from dementia for a while now, but was otherwise in (relatively) good health until very recently.

After over 30 years together, I miss her already.

When the girls were born, she knitted them the cutest little booties. She and Ernie were honored guests at our 10th anniversary party (also a long time ago).

I don't know many other agents who can brag that they actually insure every other member of a client's family, but I do. And can name them all (well, on a good day).

There was never a time that I didn't welcome seeing her bright red head passing by the window by our office's front door. She was strong-willed, and brightly-spirited. And she never missed calling me to wish me a happy birthday (we're both Libra's, so...).

Rest easy and well, dear Pat. You are missed.

Dayan Ha-Emet.
blog comments powered by Disqus